Saturday, December 29, 2012

Mariah Carey OPI Liquid Sand Mini's Swatches

 I have a really exciting post to show you guys today! I found the Mariah Carey OPI collection in Ulta and of course I had to pick up something from it. In this collection, OPI has released a new polish finish called Liquid Sand. According to OPI liquid sand, "Dries to a textured matte finish infused with reflective glints of light." The mini polish set that was released includes the 4 Liquid Sand polishes in the Mariah collection: Get Your Number, Can't Let Go, The Impossible, and Stay the Night. I have comparisons of these polishes with and without a top coat. Lots of swatches and my thoughts below!





OPI Get Your Number
OPI Get Your Number No Top Coat/Top Coat
Get Your Number is a blue jelly base filled with fine silver and holographic glitter. I tried to capture the texture as well as possible. It dried to a gritty but smooth finish (if that makes sense). Even when matte, the holographic glitter is still very sparkly. With a top coat, this polish is transformed into a beautiful, shiny glitter packed jelly. 2 coats.


OPI Can't Let G0


OPI Can't Let Go No Top Coat/ Top Coat
Can't Let Go is a purple jelly packed with silver shimmer and purple glitter. The glitter in this one doesn't stand out as much matte as it does with a top coat. This is 2 coats.


OPI The Impossible


OPI The Impossible No Top Coat/Top Coat
The Impossible is a hot pink jelly with holographic and pink glitter and supposedly star shaped glitter. There is no star glitter in this bottle...:(  I think it's because this is a mini bottle. This polish almost looks more red than pink but it is still very pretty. 2 coats.



OPI Stay The Night
OPI Stay the Night No Top Coat/ Top Coat
Stay the Night has a beautiful black base with red glitter. This was the one I was most excited about and it doesn't disappoint. Matte, the red glitter almost looks like specks in the black but still shines through. 2 coats.

My thoughts are kind of varied on these Liquid Sand polishes so I'm going to break it up into texture, color, and top coat.


Texture: I personally prefer a smooth finish but I really like the idea of having textured nails. It is definitely different and almost reminds me of the "fish egg" nail trend but, for that reason, I feel like it will just be another trend like the shatter polishes or magnetic polishes that will lose its popularity quickly. I love matte nails but I personally just do not like the feel or look of the texture. It almost feels like a very, very, very fine sand paper. I guess it just depends on the person and if you like the texture!


Color: All of these polishes are pretty awesome jelly glitters so I can't complain! I especially love Get Your Number and Stay the Night. 


Top Coat: I think I prefer all of these, maybe with the exception of Stay the Night, with top coat. The top coat seems to just intensify the glitter and show the jelly finish. I only used one coat of Seche Vite for the pictures but 2 or 3 coats of a thick top coat would be best to smooth out the texture.




















No comments:

Post a Comment