Monday, November 12, 2012

Red Carpet Gel Manicure: An Evening To Remember

Today I have something a little different... I decided to do a gel manicure last night since this is a pretty busy week for me it will *hopefully* last (if I don't end up picking it off, which is really bad for your nails since it's gel). I found this Red Carpet Gel polish in the clearance at Ulta for 5 bucks, which is really cheap for a gel polish, and it's called An Evening To Remember. It's a black gel polish with really fine holographic and silver glitter and it is amazing! (This polish needs to be cured under an LED or UV light) I have pictures of what I used and a little description of what I did so keep scrolling!


These are the supplies that I used: Gelish Foundation Gel, Gelish Top It Off, Gelish PH bond, Gelish Cleanser, Red Carpet Gel Polish, and an LED light from Senstionail.
1. Cleaned and Buffed my nails
2. Applied Ph Bond which is a liquid almost like alcohol that dries the nails and helps with adhesion.
3. Applied a thin coat of Gelish Foundation Gel and cured under the light for one minute
4. Applied a thin coat of the gel polish and cured for 1 minute
5. Applied another coat of gel polish and cured for 1 minute
6. Applied Gelish Top It Off and cured for 1 minute
7. Removed the tacky surface of the nails with Harmony Cleanser(Alcohol) on a lint free wipe
These are the basic steps that used to do this manicure. ***I am NOT a professional, this is just what I find works for me***

Now On To Some Swatches!


Red Carpet Gel An Evening To Remember

Red Carpet Gel An Evening To Remember
Red Carpet Gel Instructions on Back of Bottle (click to make bigger)
I haven't done many gel manicures since I can never seem to keep the same color on for more than a few days, but this color will definitely stay on longer! I really do love gel polish: it dries instantly, it stays shiny, and it's supposed to last for around 2 weeks. I was thinking that I should test this out and see how long it can go without chipping so that might be in an upcoming post! 









2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! I have just brought some jet black holo glitter to scrub into RCM Black Stretch Limo - I didn't realise RCM had this limited eddition polish out. Alas, I doubt I will be able to find this in the UK for £5 so I'll stick with the loose glitter - which is cheaper.

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm surprised this one was on clearance since it is such a gorgeous color! I hope you have luck in recreating it with holo glitter, which is a really good idea since gel polishes aren't cheap:) Thanks again!!-G.P.

    ReplyDelete